myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject [DISCUSS] getting rid of all java.net maven repositories
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:58:06 GMT
Hi!

I just figured that we still pretty often use the java.net maven repositories.
They are not well maintained and often lead to weird problems. Today I tried to
compile tomahawk and got a weird exception that shale-master-1.pom is broken.

Also, if we use Java JSR spec APIs we should always rely on geronimo spec jars
[1] instead of pulling them from the java.net repo! Geronimo spec jars are
always IP cleared which is _not_ guaranteed in the java.net repo.

We should upgrade tomahawk to myfaces-parent-9 and try to get rid of arbitrary
<repositories>.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/