myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From ssilv...@redhat.com
Subject Re: MyFaces shipping with JBoss AS6?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:37:04 GMT
To be totally safe, let's talk about this in terms of the spec instead
of code.

We need an SPI that allows me to register a class for callbacks to
satisfy JSF section 5.4.  I assume that MyFaces already has this?

We also need an SPI that allows JBoss to scan for annotations as
described in section 11.5.  I suspect that MyFaces takes care of the
scanning on its own.  However, it will be faster if you let JBoss do
it because we can hook into our annotation framework and avoid
scanning the same jars more than once.

Stan

Quoting Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>:

> Well, looking at the RI is for sure not OK.
>
> I didn't see a problem with the previous provided links (the JBoss
> code), however
> I have not opened any of the provided links yet.
>
> -Matthias
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:54 PM,  <ssilvert@redhat.com> wrote:
>> That's OK.  I guess I can do the SPI implementations on my end but it might
>> not make it into JBoss AS6 GA. Let's concentrate on the MyFaces SPI's for
>> now.  How does MyFaces handle the SPI's like Mojarra has?  I'm sure it's OK
>> to look at Mojarra code since it's GPL2, right?  If not, you can look at
>> JavaDoc.  We need something similar to:
>>
>> com.sun.faces.spi.InjectionProvider
>> https://mojarra.dev.java.net/source/browse/mojarra/trunk/jsf-ri/src/main/java/com/sun/faces/spi/InjectionProvider.java
>>
>> com.sun.faces.spi.AnnotationProvider
>> https://mojarra.dev.java.net/source/browse/mojarra/trunk/jsf-ri/src/main/java/com/sun/faces/spi/AnnotationProvider.java
>>
>> Stan
>>
>> Quoting Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>:
>>
>>> At Apache we can not have code that contains (L)GPL code; or depends on
>>> it.
>>>
>>> We had discussion(s) about this in the past. The below link contains
>>>  references
>>> to other (Apache) documents:
>>>
>>> http://markmail.org/message/qtc4g6vsracgzbok
>>>
>>> -Matthias