myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Trinidad][api]TRINIDAD-1857 Add a Map associated with each window or tab that the user is interacting with
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:20:09 GMT
+1 on this

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Blake Sullivan
<blake.sullivan@oracle.com> wrote:
> We currently have scopes for:
> Application
> Session
> PageFlow
> View
>
> I propose that we add a Map associated with each window or tab that the user is interacting
with.  This would slop into the scope hierarchy between the Session and PageFlow scopes.
 We would also expose the storage for the current window on the RequestContext.  If no WindowManager
was exposed and therefore there was no current Window, this Map would be the SessionMap.

> For high availability, each of the attributes stored in a Window's map would be stored
as separate attributes in the Session.

> At least initially, we would not expose this map directly through its own top-level windowScope
EL property.

> Proposed apis:
>
> RequestContext:
>
>  /**
>   * Returns a Map of objects associated with the current window if any.  If there is
no
>   * current window, the Session Map is returned.
>   * @return Map for storing objects associated with the current window.
>   * @see org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.context.Window#getWindowMap
>   */
>  public Map<String, Object> getWindowMap()
>
> Window
>
>  /**
>   * Returns the Map for storing data associated with this Window object.  If the environment
is
>   * configured for fail-over, the contents of this Map must be Serializable.
>   * @return The client data storage Map.
>   */
>  public abstract Map<String, Object> getWindowMap();
>
> Since we would provide a default implementation of getWindowMap using import org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.util.SubKeyMap,
we would also have to make SubKeyMap public as well.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf