myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <>
Subject tricky OSGi issue
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:30:53 GMT

I fooled around digging into OSGi container internals, maven plugins, etc for 2 hours to find
a small issue in our pom finally :)

in myfaces-api we define the following

Now, while trying to install this bundle to geronimo-3 for building an updated geronimo-myfaces
plugin, I always crashed with a NumberFormatException.

This has the following reason:

An OSGi version consiste of [a].[n].[b].[q] always separeted by a dot.
a..mAjor number
n..miNor number
b..Build number

a,n,b _must_ be numeric
q might be alphanumeric

In our myfaces-api/pom.xml we have the following maven-bundle-plugin configuration:

Because of using ${project.version} in the <Require-Bundle>, we get the following version
written to our manifest: 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT, which is an invalid OSGi version. A valid one would
be 2.0.1.SNAPSHOT (dot instead of -)

I'm not sure how we should cope with this in the future though...

View raw message