myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Freedman <michael.freed...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Portlet Bridge TCK for JSR-301 v. 1.0
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 17:09:47 GMT
+1

Artifact now looks good -- I verified that it builds and when run
against the RI bridge everything executes/passes properly.
    -Mike-

On 6/30/2010 12:34 PM, Scott O'Bryan wrote:
> Yeah Mike, I don't know what I was smoking.  Generally people will
> check out from SVN, but if they don't have SVN, then that is what our
> artifacts should be.  Having repo entries makes no sense for this
> distributable.
>
> I documented a process and updated the artifacts.  There are two
> archive files, a tar.gz and a .zip.' they are essentially exports of
> the svn repository.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 30, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Michael Freedman
> <michael.freedman@oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> After looking at the artifacts and talking things through with Scott, we are proposing
we go a different route with this release.  What Scott had been thinking (and has built here)
is a set of repository release artifacts he was hoping folks would be able to reference in
their own Maven (bridge) projects so they could include, build and run the TCK directly from
their project.  Because this hasn't been tested (we don't do it yet with our own project)
and after looking through what is actually in the artifacts I think its unlikely to be easily
integratable.  As it stands the TCK is constructed to be run in its own Maven project currently
by accessing it from the Apache subversion repository location (of the release tag).  So we
are proposing that the release artifact mirror this:  it will be a binary artifact (zip) containing
all the Maven sources needed to build and run the TCK plus the UserManual.  I.e. it will be
an alternative to accessing the same in the SVN repository.

>> Any questions or objections?  Hoping that there won't be, Scott is working on generating
this new artifact and once done we will repost the vote.
>>    -Mike-
>>
>> On 6/30/2010 8:54 AM, Scott O'Bryan wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Mike,
>>>
>>> I think if we update the wiki to the instructions in the svn repo for
>>> now, that should be fine for testing.
>>>
>>> When the release happens I'll have the site updated.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

stale -- I will update it).  Untile we get the User Manual up on the site, download the file
and view from the release tag:

this tag (as referenced by the User Manual).

and am now beginning the formal vote.  As stated in a previous email, the TCK for JSF Portlet
Bridge related projects will be written and distributed through the Apache MyFaces Portlet
Bridge project and made available to the community at large.  This release does not include
any binary artifacts, but rather several additions to the Maven Repository which can be included
in other projects to facilitate automated testing.

have full instructions on running the TCK.  For now, please see the Portlet Bridge wiki.