myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr>
Subject [GSOC] Inclusion of external code
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 13:06:39 GMT
Hi,

I want to keep definitions of pass through attrs of the components and
render them. I see that current MyFaces keeps them in
org.apache.myfaces.shared.renderkit.html.HTML<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/shared/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/html/HTML.java?view=markup>
.
As project grows, content of this interface(or my own HTML5 interface) will
get ugly, and I think Mojarra's approach[1][2] is better.

Mojarra guys took this[1][2] stuff from probably Richfaces, and I want to
use their approach in my project too.

So, what is the possibility of inclusion of this code in my project? If
possible, what do I need to do?
I will request for permission from authors for using with Apache license,
but is a private email like "yes, you can use it" enough?

If not, I'll come with new stuff, which will use this approach.

[1]
http://www.docjar.com/html/api/com/sun/faces/renderkit/AttributeManager.java.html
<http://www.docjar.com/html/api/com/sun/faces/renderkit/AttributeManager.java.html>
[2]