myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC] New Form Elements
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 08:19:33 GMT
2 Possibilities:
First, via custom lifecycle, extend the standard elements in a way that
they refer to a form element and a first step collect those elements and
a second step at, form processing, processes those external elements
within the bounds of a form.
This applies to the apply request values and validation phases, or probably.

Second possibility:

But also you might get it easier (second option),
maybe you wont even need a second lifecycle if you can tackle the
problem via JSF2 system events on the controls themselves.
(you can set direct event listeners for various phases on the controls
so that they will be processed), this would be even faster since the
event handling mechanisms would do the bookkeeping for you which you in
the other case would have to do yourself.

This is probably the biggest problem with JSF and HTML5 (I did not know
this was possible, since I only follow the html 5 development via blogs
and articles), I would recommend also to raise a spec issue there
regarding this, so that we might, special handling for the official spec
so that no impl has to cook its own mechnanism in the long run.

https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

Werner