myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Michael Kurz (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (MYFACES-2734) Character encoding not set correctly before Restore View
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 08:37:42 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2734?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12872895#action_12872895
] 

Michael Kurz commented on MYFACES-2734:
---------------------------------------

Leonardo's suggestion seems to be a good idea.

Nevertheless, I think that this is a spec issue, as Jakob also pointed out. As I consider
phase listeners as belonging to the lifecycle and not the phases themselves, the beginning
of the phase (as mentioned in the spec) is after the invocation of the before phase listeners.

I submitted this spec issue:

https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=816

> Character encoding not set correctly before Restore View
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MYFACES-2734
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2734
>             Project: MyFaces Core
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: JSR-314
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT
>            Reporter: Michael Kurz
>         Attachments: MYFACES-2734-test-app.zip, MYFACES-2734.patch
>
>
> In my examples I have a phase listener that outputs all request parameters. I accidentially
did this before restore view and got some strange behaviour. With MyFaces 2.0, reading the
request parameters before the restore view phase kills german umlauts. This happens because
the character encoding is calculated and set in the request at the beginning of restore view
but after the before phase listeners are executed.
> As this is not happening with Mojarra, I set a breakpoint in ServletRequest.setCharacterEncoding
and saw that they are setting this somewhere at the beginning of the lifecycle.
> I quickly checked the spec but the only thing I found regarding the character encoding
was at the beginning of restore view (which is done correctly in MyFaces). But I wonder if
it should not be set earlier as, like in my case, an earlier access to the request parameters
kills umlauts. This might also be necessary for extensions doing something with request parameters
in a before restore view listener.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message