myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Leonardo Uribe (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (MYFACES-2734) Character encoding not set correctly before Restore View
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 06:09:38 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2734?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12872870#action_12872870
] 

Leonardo Uribe commented on MYFACES-2734:
-----------------------------------------

I think we should do the following:

1. Add a new method org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.PhaseExecutor called doPrePhaseActions or
something like that, that will give the chance to RestoreViewExecutor to call ViewHandler.initView.
2. Change PhaseExecutor from interface to abstract class.

> Character encoding not set correctly before Restore View
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MYFACES-2734
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2734
>             Project: MyFaces Core
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: JSR-314
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT
>            Reporter: Michael Kurz
>         Attachments: MYFACES-2734-test-app.zip, MYFACES-2734.patch
>
>
> In my examples I have a phase listener that outputs all request parameters. I accidentially
did this before restore view and got some strange behaviour. With MyFaces 2.0, reading the
request parameters before the restore view phase kills german umlauts. This happens because
the character encoding is calculated and set in the request at the beginning of restore view
but after the before phase listeners are executed.
> As this is not happening with Mojarra, I set a breakpoint in ServletRequest.setCharacterEncoding
and saw that they are setting this somewhere at the beginning of the lifecycle.
> I quickly checked the spec but the only thing I found regarding the character encoding
was at the beginning of restore view (which is done correctly in MyFaces). But I wonder if
it should not be set earlier as, like in my case, an earlier access to the request parameters
kills umlauts. This might also be necessary for extensions doing something with request parameters
in a before restore view listener.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message