myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Paul Mander (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Issue Comment Edited: (TRINIDAD-1073) Character encoding problem with PPR on IBM WebSphere 6.0
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 14:51:05 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1073?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12864301#action_12864301
] 

Paul Mander edited comment on TRINIDAD-1073 at 5/5/10 10:50 AM:
----------------------------------------------------------------

The post http://old.nabble.com/-Trinidad--forced-UTF-8-in-PPR-responses--ts27545426.html#a27545426
questions the validity of code in XmlHttpServletResponse. I see that in my test case, the
original encoding "ISO-8859-1" is replaced by utf-8 but if I amend this code to use the original
encoding, the issue still occurs.

The corruption appears to be on the request rather than the response - debugging the setter
of my inputtext shows "?" for a ppr request, but fine for a full submit and updating the XmlHttpServletRequest
to set encoding to iso-8859-1 has no impact.

I have tested this with Trinidad 1.0.11 on WAS 6.1. on Trinidad 1.2.10 (myfaces 1.2.5) running
on tomcat 6, this issue does not occur. I'll attempt to find out the differences in these
environments.

      was (Author: pmander):
    The post http://old.nabble.com/-Trinidad--forced-UTF-8-in-PPR-responses--ts27545426.html#a27545426
questions the validity of code in XmlHttpServletResponse. I see that in my test case, the
original encoding "ISO-8859-1" is replaced by utf-8 but if I amend this code to use the original
encoding, the issue still occurs.

The corruption appears to be on the request rather than the response - debugging the setter
of my inputtext shows "?" for a ppr request, but fine for a full submit and updating the XmlHttpServletRequest
to set encoding to iso-8859-1 has no impact.
  
> Character encoding problem with PPR on IBM WebSphere 6.0
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TRINIDAD-1073
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1073
>             Project: MyFaces Trinidad
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.7-core
>         Environment: MyFaces 1.1.5
> IBM WebSphere 6.0
> Windows XP SP2
>            Reporter: Vadim Dmitriev
>
> Input fields updated via PPR replace cyrillic characters with question marks. There is
no encoding problems if update is performed with ordinary form submit.
> Simple testcase:
> create JSF page with tr:showDetailHeader containing tr:inputText. Type some cyrillic
characters in the input field. Close/open detailheader. As a result cyrillic chars in the
inputText will be replaced with question marks.
> There is no problem with encoding whatsoever if that showDetailHeader is updated by ordinary
update (navigation from/to that page, for example).
> This problem is specific to WebSphere 6.0 (maybe 6.1 too, never had a chance to check
it). I tried the same testcase on OC4J 10.3.3.2 and everything went fine.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message