myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How do you partition SVN commits in myfaces
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:21:02 GMT
this would perfectly work in git (where it otoh would not be necessary at all since the original
problem just doesn't exist), but creating branches in SVN as workaround for this nifty little
checkin problem seems to me like shooting birds with atom bombs.

Honestly, maintaining feature branches in SVN is even more broken than simple checkins. And
in SVN you don't have much correlation between a file in a branch and a file in trunk. In
SVN a branch and trunk are simply just different directories which don't know much of each
other.

LieGrue,
strub