myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Blake Sullivan <blake.sulli...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: proposed API change on ChangeManager
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 23:17:27 GMT
Simon,

The use case is this:

Say I have a table with a selectedRowKeys attribute that contains the
identifiers for the currently selected rows.  If my application allows a
row key to change (perhaps during creation or because the application
actually allows the fields that make up the primary key to be edited),
we have a problem because we have a stale key reference.  We would like
to update that reference with the new key, but the table doesn't know if
some other piece of code has added the table's selectedRowKeys
attribute.  So the table wants to check if the selectedRowKeys are
already in the ChangeManager and if they are, add a new change.  You are
right that whether the change actually replaces the old change or not is
irrelevant as long as the result is that the new achange eclipses the
old.  So, we have one function that does everything, but we could also
add a new function to see if the ChangeManager contains an attribute
change instead.

-- Blake Sullivan