myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Max Starets <max.star...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [MyFaces 2] beta-3 and Trinidad2's ajax branch...
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 14:10:30 GMT
<head>
</head>
Thanks, Jacob!<br>
What is interesting is that Trinidad trunk is providing VDL factory
just like the AJAX branch does, but the problem<br>
was not showing up there.<br>
Max<br>
Jakob Korherr wrote:
 cite="mid:t2ifd49e8161004020607le8133a2bj4bbf5b597f2d7843@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
Hi guys,<br>
I took a look at this problem and have already found the reason why
this does not work with MyFaces. It was a small bug in MyFaces related
to ViewMetadata and wrapped VDLs. I'll document it in a jira issue and
also commit the solution later today.<br>
Regards,<br>
Jakob<br>
I can try that tomorrow, it's not that urgent - I just noticed the<br>
behavior w/ MyFaces2<br>
=&gt; perhaps a MyFaces bug.. :-)<br>
-Matthias<br>
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Max Starets &lt;<a
 moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:max.starets@oracle.com">max.starets@oracle.com</a>&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt; Matthias,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Do we know if it works the branch's base version (the trunk
version where<br>
&gt; the AJAX branch was started)?<br>
&gt; Also, do we get the exception on every postback or just the partial<br>
&gt; postback?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I will try to debug it all soon.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt; Max<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Matthias Wessendorf wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Andy Schwartz<br>
&gt; &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="mailto:andy.g.schwartz@gmail.com">andy.g.schwartz@gmail.com</a>&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; One thing that is interesting about this that Matthias didn't
mention<br>
&gt; is that the problem only repros when running against MyFaces - ie.<br>
&gt; same test case works okay when using -Djsf=ri.  I haven't had time
to<br>
&gt; investigate yet, but will try to do so if Max or Andrew (who are<br>
&gt; actively working on the Ajax branch) don't beat me to it.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; oh, yeah that's right - wasn't planing to forget that fact. sorry<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; (but works fine on trunk with both MyFaces and RI)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Andy<br>