myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How do you partition SVN commits in myfaces
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 13:06:39 GMT
txs Jan-Kees!

In fact, I did first svn add those files (and even more) and then tried to svn commit parts
of it.

The problem is that I have the following structure

svn add src/test/java/org/apache/.../test/
with the following files TestA, TestB, TestC

and I only like to commit TestA. but
svn commit svn add src/test/java/org/apache/.../test/TestA

but got the following error:
svn: »/home/msx/develop/java/apache/myfaces/extensions/cdi/trunk/core/api/src/test/java/org/apache/myfaces/extensions/cdi/core/test/api«
ist weder unter Versionskontrolle noch Teil einer Übertragung, dennoch ist sein Kind »/home/msx/develop/java/apache/myfaces/extensions/cdi/trunk/core/api/src/test/java/org/apache/myfaces/extensions/cdi/core/test/api/projectstage«
Teil einer Übertragung

This looks pretty much like a SVN error, or I did something wrong.

Usually I can work around with first svn commit -N those directories, but in this case svn
status didn't even showed me which parts are missing because it 'cleans' recursive directories
from the output.

I now commited all in one big go, but this somehow is not very beautiful.

LieGrue,
strub