myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Wolfgang Chico Toepfer (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Issue Comment Edited: (TRINIDAD-1777) new JS execution order if in head
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:21:36 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1777?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12854925#action_12854925
] 

Wolfgang Chico Toepfer edited comment on TRINIDAD-1777 at 4/8/10 1:19 PM:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The attached project is a demo that shows the buggy behavior. Simply start up the project
and in Firebug you can see the error in its console:

"TrRequestQueue is not defined
[Break on this error] TrRequestQueue._alertError = function() { "

So an override of this Trinidad JS was attempted but the Trinidad JS was not available. If
you move the script reference from head to body it works.

Note that this demo project has been exported from Eclipse and has been emptied of all the
JARs. It is not mavenized.

You will have to add the JARs yourself. This includes the Trinidad 1.2.13 plus all the JARs
added by Seam-gen i.e. you have to use Seam-gen to get the JARs.

Note that because we use Seam it seems conclusive to keep the same environment where the error
occurred.

      was (Author: wchico):
    The attached project is a demo that shows the buggy behavior. Simply start up the project.

Note that this demo project has been exported from Eclipse and has been emptied of all the
JARs. It is not mavenized.

You will have to add the JARs yourself. This includes the Trinidad 1.2.13 plus all the JARs
added by Seam-gen i.e. you have to use Seam-gen to get the JARs.

Note that because we use Seam it seems conclusive to keep the same environment where the error
occurred.
  
> new JS execution order if in head
> ---------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TRINIDAD-1777
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1777
>             Project: MyFaces Trinidad
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Components
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.13-core 
>         Environment: RH Linux, JBOSS 4.2
>            Reporter: Wolfgang Chico Toepfer
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: Seamidad1_2_13_Bugs.zip
>
>
> Recently we tried to update from 1.2.9 to 1.2.13 -btw we were testing the
> releases in between and they seemed ok- and now it looks as if we were
> stuck with this version. Because of the following effect, our application
> did not work anymore as expected:
> Trinidad's JS Object TrRequestQueue is not anymore found when we try to
> address it in our Java Script i.e. it seems there is a new execution order
> in command; the consequence, for instance, is that when we try to override
> the alerError function to redirect the error to something else than the
> not-so-nice JS Trinidad popup we cannot do this anymore; in our template
> page we set
> ...
> <trh:head>
>  <title>..</title>
>  <meta
>   http-equiv="Content-Type"
>   content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
> ...
>  <script
>   src="#{request.contextPath}/js/ourJavaScript.js"
>   type="text/javascript" />
> ...
> </trh:head>
> ...

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message