myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Korherr <jakob.korh...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] Proposal - Automated webapp tests
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 00:25:37 GMT
Hi,

As we currently only have normal JUnit tests for automated testing in
MyFaces Core, it would be really great to have a way to test MyFaces Core
automatically in a real webapp at build time with maven. Of course, we
currently have the test-webapp, but we still have to check each page
manually here, if we want to test everything, which is long-winded.

To accomplish something like that we could use test frameworks like e.g.
Canoo WebTest or HttpUnit + Jetty or something similar. I also want to
mention JSFUnit here, although we won't be able to use it since it is LGPL
licensed.

The goal of this GSoC project would be to find alternatives and also to find
the best-fitting test framework for MyFaces Core. Then the goal would be to
integrate it with MyFaces Core, to define rules and provide how-tos and to
write a bunch of test cases.

This would help us enormously in ensuring and improving the quality of
MyFaces Core by getting a far bigger test coverage and more possibilities to
test.

What do you think? Are there any students who are interested in working on
this?

Regards,
Jakob