myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Proposal - Automated webapp tests
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:59:34 GMT
i just mention the most important issue (to keep it short): imo the current
module is ~ok for basic myfaces-core tests.
however, it doesn't fit e.g. for testing extensions. (the module uses too
much mock implementations.)
you won't see some important issues. so some tests aren't really reliable as
soon as you are using it for testing something like extensions.

imo it would be nice to have e.g. a jetty based test environment which we
(and also our users) can use for testing extensions, (sample-) webapps, ...
based on such an environment we can run unit tests (which shouldn't be as
verbose as the current unit tests) with myfaces-core and also with mojarra.
with the same environment we could also run jmeter- and something
like httpunit-tests.

the final solution should be a convenient test-suite with detailed and clear
test-reports.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

2010/3/26 Jakob Korherr <jakob.korherr@gmail.com>

> Frankly, I like MyFaces test. It "just" has to be improved, but we can
> totally use it (actually that's what we're doing right now). The only thing
> we can't use MyFaces test is for a real webapp-test, and that is were the
> GSoC project comes up!
>
> Furthermore I don't think we need a subproject for this. Everything which
> fits into automated testing fits into MyFaces test, so why not use the
> existing one and improve it instead of creating yet another thing.
>
> Regards,
> Jakob
>

> 2010/3/26 Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>
>
> yes - it's an improved version of shale test.
>> however, it would be nice to have a more modern solution e.g. with a
>> fluent api, better reporting, ...
>> so we could compare it with the existing solution.
>>
>> regards,
>> gerhard
>>
>> http://www.irian.at
>>
>> Your JSF powerhouse -
>> JSF Consulting, Development and
>> Courses in English and German
>>
>> Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
>>

>> 2010/3/26 Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher@gmail.com>
>>
>> Isn't the Myfaces test (svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/test) not the
>>> successor of shale test ?
>>>
>>> Automated test are indeed very useful, an alternative (easier to set up
>>> maybe) of JSFUnit would be great.
>>> Regards,
>>> Rudy.

Core