myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathias Walter" <mathias.wal...@gmx.net>
Subject TRINIDAD: ViewExpiredException
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:01:47 GMT
Hi,

one of the most frustration things with Trinidad (IMHO) is the ViewExpiredException occurring
if a session times out and a user invokes an ajax action.

I found no solution to overcome this problem, since two years. There is also a critical bug
reported in JIRA at February, 2008: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-943. But
there is no progress on the bug.

Last year I found a discussion at http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg53574.html
and added this link to the JIRA issue. I also tried to implement the proposed solution but
was not able to do that.

In one of my projects I'm using JBoss Seam. Seam can handle the ViewExpiredException, but
Trinidad not.

I was wondering why there is no progress on the bug. How do other developers handle this exception?
Since ajax is everywhere, and there are a lot of projects based on Trinidad, the error must
be seriously. But I never got an error message on other AJAX-based websites. They already
function, but my application not.

Maybe I did something wrong with the configuration files or I missed some documentation.

Please help me to fix this notorious and annoying bug.

BTW: Does this problem will occur with JSF 2.0 or is it covered by the spec?

--
Kind regards,
Mathias