myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Gabrielle Crawford <gabrielle.crawf...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad 2] PPR and AJAX
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 22:27:33 GMT
Hi Andrew,

Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Looking for feedback on the following requirements of the
> Trinidad+JSF2 AJAX implementation:
>
>    1. Client validation will only occur on requests made through
>       Trinidad APIs
>    2. Calls made to jsf.ajax.request will not perform client-side
>       validation

I have this vague recollection that the inputDate is relying on client
side conversion in trinidad, I think it sends milliseconds to the server
rather than the string entered by the user, or maybe this is only
happening when you open the date picker. I'm not totally sure about all
this, but you may want to try out an inputDate for the case where you
don't run client side validation.

Thanks,

Gabrielle