myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Hazem Saleh <haz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ext-CDI] additional project name
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 09:02:53 GMT
I suggest JODI (pronounced like the name).

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Gerhard Petracek <
gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:

> if we decide to use an additional project name:
> +1 for MyFaces CODI
>
> regards,
> gerhard
>

> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -
> JSF Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German
>
> Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
>

> 2010/2/8 Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>
>
> hi @ all,
>>
>> we have collected some ideas [1] for a cdi extensions module for jsf
>> applications.
>>
>> the next version of seam will provide portable cdi extensions as well.
>> since the extensions are portable i hope both projects will be compatible.
>> so they aren't competitors. anyway, i think people will start to compare
>> them.
>> so it would be nice to have a fancy project name.
>>
>> it's more or less clear that we will use ext-cdi internally (jira
>> module,...).
>> however, ext-cdi might sound a bit strange for some users.
>>
>> there are some name suggestions in the wiki - 2 examples:
>> #1 CODI (pronounced like the name)
>> #2 CoJack
>>
>> it would be nice to hear your opinions about an additional name as well as
>> about the mentioned examples.
>> (for sure) you are welcome to add further name and/or feature suggestions
>> to the wiki.
>>
>> regards,
>> gerhard
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Extensions/CDI/DevDoc/Drafts
>>
>> http://www.irian.at
>>
>> Your JSF powerhouse -
>> JSF Consulting, Development and
>> Courses in English and German

Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed

Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002M052KY

Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog

[Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-aj-gmaps/