myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Catalin Kormos <catalin.kor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: READ: New Trinidad demo contains GPL code (was: Fwd: svn commit: r903822 [1/17] - in /myfaces/trinidad/trunk/trinidad-examples: ./ trinidad-components-showcase/ trinidad-components-showcase/src/ trinidad-components-showcase/src/main/ trinidad-com
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:52:11 GMT
Hi Matthias,

This JS library "SyntaxHighlighter"  is used to format code, and its
license is GNU either version 3 or later:

"SyntaxHighlighter is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
 it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
 the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
 (at your option) any later version."

The apache 2.0 license seems to be compatible with it as shown here:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html#GPL

Based on this I was thinking there is no issue with this, if I was
wrong we will get rid of commited code which requires that GNU
license. So it's for sure a no go?

thanks,
Catalin

Codebeat