myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make the new skin part of Trinidad (was: Re: [Trinidad] New Component Showcase Demo and Casablanca Skin)
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:57:14 GMT
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Catalin Kormos
<catalin.kormos@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Was wondering if it would be possible to package a skin in its own jar file,

yes, put the skinning xml/cfg in the JAR_FILE.jar/META-INF/

> so that we wouldn't need to package the skin witht the actual webapp that
> uses it, so that we could start having separate modules for skins?

in theory yes.

> it would
> make sense for the new Casablanca skin IMHO. What do you think?

I think we should make the new Casablance skin the default;
the old skin we can place into a "skinning module"

/trinidad-skins
 -/old-and-ugly-green-skin
:-)

> About packaging skins, it seems possible, but I have a question:
>   - for example in the skin's css file, if background image urls are
> specified, for example, with a property "background: white
> url(/adf/skins/casablanca/images/backgrounds/buttonLikeHeadHover.png)
> repeat-x bottom left;" this will work also when the images are packaged in a
> jar available in the classpath, but only if the Trinidad Resource Servlet is
> mapped to /adf/*; what happens if the servlet is mapped to another url
> pattern? is there another approach, mapping independent, or are we stuck
> with /adf?

I think we are stuck with the (odd) /adf

Regarding its refactoring, I think it takes quite a while and maybe error-prone.
Jeanne may know more on that item.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf