myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Jeanne Waldman <jeanne.wald...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Make the new skin part of Trinidad (was: Re: [Trinidad] New Component Showcase Demo and Casablanca Skin)
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:58:15 GMT
<head>
</head>
Matthias Wessendorf wrote, On 1/12/2010 11:57 PM PT:
 cite="mid:71235db41001122357p528d1aabm9a36a9b9f0b62670@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Catalin Kormos
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:catalin.kormos@gmail.com">&lt;catalin.kormos@gmail.com&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi,
Was wondering if it would be possible to package a skin in its own jar file,
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
yes, put the skinning xml/cfg in the JAR_FILE.jar/META-INF/

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">so that we wouldn't need to package the skin witht the actual webapp
that
uses it, so that we could start having separate modules for skins?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
in theory yes.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">it would
make sense for the new Casablanca skin IMHO. What do you think?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I think we should make the new Casablance skin the default;
the old skin we can place into a "skinning module"

/trinidad-skins
 -/old-and-ugly-green-skin
:-)

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">About packaging skins, it seems possible, but I have a question:
&nbsp;&nbsp;- for example in the skin's css file, if background image urls are
specified, for example, with a property "background: white
url(/adf/skins/casablanca/images/backgrounds/buttonLikeHeadHover.png)
repeat-x bottom left;" this will work also when the images are packaged in a
jar available in the classpath, but only if the Trinidad Resource Servlet is
mapped to /adf/*; what happens if the servlet is mapped to another url
pattern? is there another approach, mapping independent, or are we stuck
with /adf?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I think we are stuck with the (odd) /adf

Regarding its refactoring, I think it takes quite a while and maybe error-prone.
Jeanne may know more on that item.
  </pre>
I would stick with /adf in your path since that is the easiest.<br>
If you want to use a different mapping, say /foo, then you probably
have to do this (I haven't confirmed):<br>
1. add a new foo.resources file to \META-INF\servlets\resources
directory<br>
&nbsp; - currently there is an adf.resources file and it has this one entry
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.resource.CoreRenderKitResourceLoader<br>
2. add your new mapping to Trinidad's ResourceServlet to the web.xml.<br>
&nbsp;- currently there is:<br>
&nbsp; &lt;servlet-mapping&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;servlet-name&gt;resources&lt;/servlet-name&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;url-pattern&gt;/adf/*&lt;/url-pattern&gt;<br>
&nbsp; &lt;/servlet-mapping&gt;<br>
3. I don't think there are dependencies on /adf in any of Trinidad's
ResourceLoaders, but if so, then you'll need to write your own
ResourceLoader as well.<br>
 cite="mid:71235db41001122357p528d1aabm9a36a9b9f0b62670@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">