myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject [Trinidad 2.0] introducing ProjectStage API
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:25:24 GMT
Hi,

here is a (complete?) list of all Trinidad configuration parameters:

* System Properties ( => System.getProperty(....)):
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHECK_STATE_SERIALIZATION
documentation is here:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1245
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-api/apidocs/org/apache/myfaces/trinidad/bean/util/StateUtils.html

==> does not really make sense to port to Stage.....

* The "trinidad-config.xml" file:
See here for infos about it:
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/configuration.html

I think that ONLY this element could make sense:
-<debug-output>
(e.g. as for PRODUCTION you want FALSE here... )

* Settings in the WEB.XML (aka Context Parameters):
Some info is here as well:
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/configuration.html

The web.xml has different types of settings:
some fit to ProjectStage, some not......

Here is a grouped list, where I think they don't make sense with
project_stage at all:
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CACHE_VIEW_ROOT
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_METHOD
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_MAX_TOKENS
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHANGE_PERSISTENCE
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.USE_APPLICATION_VIEW_CACHE
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ENABLE_LIGHTWEIGHT_DIALOGS
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ALTERNATE_VIEW_HANDLER
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.FACELETS_VIEW_MAPPINGS
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.UPLOAD_MAX_MEMORY
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.UPLOAD_MAX_DISK_SPACE
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.UPLOAD_TEMP_DIR

These parameters do make sense:
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.DEBUG_JAVASCRIPT
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.DISABLE_CONTENT_COMPRESSION
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHECK_FILE_MODIFICATION
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.resource.DEBUG
(note, we need a bug here, as this is NOT documented in the "official
documentation" :-) )

This parameter _may_ make sense (*caution:* it is an internal and
temporary param):
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ENABLE_PPR_OPTIMIZATION
See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1368

So basically, only these make sense (for me):
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.DEBUG_JAVASCRIPT
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.DISABLE_CONTENT_COMPRESSION
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHECK_FILE_MODIFICATION
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.resource.DEBUG
-org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ENABLE_PPR_OPTIMIZATION (*see above)
-<debug-output>

Let me know if you agree with this list and I will follow up on what
values they should have,
in what STAGE....

A note: Perhaps we want to be able to still override a _SINGLE_
setting, regardless for the
current STAGE. Means: If the application runs in
"ProjectStage.Production", we do CSS compression.
BUT... if the web.xml says
"org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.DISABLE_CONTENT_COMPRESSION => TRUE",
we should honor that... This would give users a more fine grained
control over these configuration settings.

What do you think ?

Greetings,
Matthias

--