myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Max Starets <max.star...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad 2] Convert examples to facelets?
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:21:04 GMT
<head>
</head>
+1 from me too.<br>
Max<br>
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
 cite="mid:71235db40912170910y28d4192atfe4e447e125aaa9b@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hello Andrew,

I like your proposal.

+1 on doing so!

-Matthias

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Andrew Robinson
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com">&lt;andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Currently the trinidad examples &nbsp;(trinidad-demo and trinidad-blank)
use JSP and JSPX. Just turning facelets on for JSPX files isn't going
to work as it causes faces messages due to &lt;jsp:root&gt; and
&lt;jsp.derective&gt; tags. Furthermore, many pages use jsp include tags. To
show proper support of JSF 2, we should not be supporting JSP in
Trinidad's demo IMO (also some features of JSF 2 require facelets to
be used AFAIK).

I recommend:

1) Migrating all *.jspx to *.xml (I'd prefer to not use *.xhtml as
discussed many times in the facelets user's list and on the 314 EG ML)
2) Replace include jsp tags with ui:include
3) Replace jsp:root with ui:composition

Opinions?

-Andrew

    </pre>