myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Pavitra Subramaniam <pavitra.subraman...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad 2.0] Updating Trinidad ResponseWriterDecorator and related classes...
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 23:20:35 GMT
If there are no more comments I would like to request that my patch for
JIRA issue 1649 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1649> be
committed.

Matthias, since you have looked at it can you commit it?

Thanks
Pavitra

"Pavitra Subramaniam wrote:" On 12/3/2009 11:52 AM PT:
> Yes. :).
>
> Thanks
>
> "Matthias Wessendorf wrote:" On 12/3/2009 9:40 AM PT:
>> got rid of all the HTML formating...
>>
>> you filed three against Trinidad ?
>> I only saw two and the one against the RI, so is that the third one ?
>>
>> -Matthias
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Pavitra Subramaniam
>> <pavitra.subramaniam@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Matthias Wessendorf wrote:" On 12/3/2009 4:44 AM PT:
>>>
>>> Hi Pavitra,
>>>
>>> ok. Not sure I really got everything here...
>>>
>>> Once I apply the "IllegalStateException.patch", and I run the
>>> "pprDemos.jspx" (there is no ajaxPPRDemos.jspx; not in the demo, nor
>>> in the patch),
>>> I get the following JS alert() Error, when I do some ajax stuff (e.g.
>>> clicking the "partialSubmit Button" button in the pprDemos.jspx page):
>>> (I had to modify the pprDemos.jspx page by adding <h:outputScript />
>>> to trigger the JS rendering, for the Ajax library)
>>>

>>> 1. The patch I sent you didn't have ajaxPPRDemos.jspx :(. Will provide one that
does.
>>> 2. It's good you added the <h:outputScript> but to see the exception it
needs to be placed in the middle of the page (like my e.g., had the outputScript appear after
a tr:panelGroupLayout).
>>> 3. With #2 you will see the execption, and not see the JS alert error (malformed
XML) as this is a different problem for which I have logged an issue with JSF RI.

>>> => malformed XML: Top level node must be one of: changes, redirect,
>>> error, received: #text instead
>>> I am running on => Ubuntu 9.10 and Firefox is 3.5.5. A screenshot of
>>> the response is attached to this mail
>>>
>>> I also don't get any server-side error regarding the IllegalStateException.
>>>

>>> See #2 above.
>>>
>>> Are you talking about a specific page, which you forgot to include in
>>> your page ?
>>> Or am I just missing something here ? Let me know :-)
>>>

>>> Yes. I filed 3 different issues and I am not surprised I uploaded the wrong patch
:(. Sigh.

>>> - pavitra
>>>
>>> PS: I only CC'd you as I want to make sure you receive the attached image...
;-)

>>> Greetings,
>>> Matthias
>>>

>>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Pavitra Subramaniam
>>> <pavitra.subramaniam@oracle.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have provided a patch which fixes issue 1649. The fix is to update the
>>> Trinidad ResponseWriter classes to override the new APIs added to
>>> javax.faces.context.ResponseWriter in JSF2.0. I am working on a project that
>>> uses the JSF 2.0 Ajax channel over Trinidad's and without these changes, the
>>> partial response never gets built properly.
>>>
>>> The changes made are:
>>> ResponseWriterDecorator.java (now extends ResponseWriterWrapper. Ideally we
>>> should remove ResponseWriterDecorator entirely and just use JSF2.0
>>> ResponseWriterWrapper)
>>> HtmlResponseWriter.java (overrides 2 new methods added to
>>> javax.faces.context.ResponseWriter but never really gives a compilation
>>> error).
>>> XmlResponseWriter.java (same as above)