myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Max Starets <max.star...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] remove application view cache in Trinidad 2?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 01:42:52 GMT
Gabrielle,

I think the main advantage of using application view cache is that state
saving/view root caching is done once for a particular page
within an application (that only applies to pages displayed in response
to a GET request).

Since we have seen some issues with the current implementation, I would
vote for not supporting application view cache
in Trinidad 2. Partial state saving should make its benefits much less
tangible. If there is demand for this feature in the future,
we can revisit it and try to address the issues we have seen.

Max