myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Gabrielle Crawford <>
Subject [Trinidad] remove application view cache in Trinidad 2?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:16:02 GMT

I'm working on state saving issues in Trinidad 2 (for JSF 2). I'm just
wondering if we really want to support application view cache going

The application view cache has some limitations that make me wonder how
commonly it's used, see the doc under "The Application View Cache"

Maybe more importantly, I'm not sure, but I think the reason it exists
is to avoid rerunning the tags? Is rerunning tags as much of an issue
with facelets? If not, maybe we should just say to move to facelets in 2.0.

View raw message