myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scripting extension] startup error
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:54:06 GMT
Ok on a second thought, this looks weird, I will investigate into that.
It probably is Windows, i have not hardcoded any strings paths or path 
dividers, but either it is the context params in the web.xml or some 
windows related issue.
Tomcat should work fine, it used to, I will investigate and fix it.

Anyway you can use jetty-run to kickstart the demo, adjust your paths in 
the context params in the web.xml and then it should work, however 
currently only the 1.2 demo will work, the 2.0 demo is broken (It either 
is a bug in myfaces or in my code freshly introduced, custom components 
are not rendered currently).

I will give notification when everything works again.


Werner


Werner Punz schrieb:
> Hia Matthias I assume this is not an error per se, but you have to 
> adjust a web.xml context parameter to point to your scripts.
> I probably have forgotten to comment that one out.
> If you cannot get it up and running I will check it out.
> The last time I tried it worked on Tomcat.
> 
> 
> 
> Werner
> 
> 
> Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
>> hi,
>>
>> I tried to deploy the scripting WAR file demo to Tomcat 6 (java
>> 1.6.11) on my windows box.
>>
>> I am getting this:
>> SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception sending context initialized event to listener
>> instance of class
>> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.webapp.webxml.WebXml.init(WebXml.java:243)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.webapp.webxml.WebXml.getWebXml(WebXml.java:228) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.AbstractFacesInitializer.initFaces(AbstractFacesInitializer.java:72)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.contextInitialized(StartupServletContextListener.java:139)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:830)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:719)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:490)
>>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1217)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:293) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1337)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1601)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1590)

>>
>>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out
>> of range: 1
>>     at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:687)
>>     at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Matcher.java:703)
>>     at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceAll(Matcher.java:813)
>>     at java.lang.String.replaceAll(String.java:2190)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.scripting.api.BaseWeaver.loadScriptingClassFromName(BaseWeaver.java:159)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.scripting.core.CoreWeaver.loadScriptingClassFromName(CoreWeaver.java:85)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.scripting.servlet.CustomChainLoader.forName(CustomChainLoader.java:110)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.ClassUtils.classForName(ClassUtils.java:158)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.config.MyfacesConfig.<clinit>(MyfacesConfig.java:120)

>>
>>     ... 20 more
>>
>> the clazz name string that causes the error in BaseWeaver is
>> "org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter"
>>
>>
>> -Matthias
>>
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message