myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject [Trinidad 2.0] Lifecycle Management Methods (3.1.14)
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:27:15 GMT
Hi,

the spec defines two new lifecycle methods for JSF 2.0:
protected void pushComponentToEL(FacesContext context);
protected void popComponentFromEL(FacesContext context)

These are the base contract from the new implicit #{component} EL.

The spec wants an implementation to call these new methods inside of
the lifecycle
(processXYZ and encodeBegin). It also says that is should be called
inside the new visitTree()
method.

See [1] for the entire JavaDoc for the class.

As we - currently - have our own Visitor implementation, I am focusing
here on the usage of the
pushComponentToEL/popComponentFromEL to be called (for now) only on
those lifecylce methods:
-encodeBegin()
-processDecodes()
-processRestoreState()
-processSaveState()
-processUpdates()
-processValidators()

Regarding the Tree/Visitor implementation, I will follow up on this in
a separate thread, once I
managed to write down the diffs between our (Trinidad) impl and the
one from the spec.

So, as for now I am proposing that we should integrate the
pushComponentToEL/popComponentFromEL
hooks for the mentioned methods.

If this is really cause very bad performance results, we can
reevaluate the situation later on, again.

Any thoughts ?

[1] http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/2.0/docs/api/javax/faces/component/UIComponent.html

--
Matthias Wessendorf