myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Blake Sullivan <blake.sulli...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [MyFaces 2.0] calling popComponentFromEL/pushComponentToEL setParent() ?
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:38:19 GMT
I don't think that it should do this.  There is no guarantee that any
of the ancestors will have pushed their context in this case and in
the absence of such a guarantee, pushing context is dangerous because
it means that there would be no way to guarantee correct EL context
setup for listeners that need to look at component attributes.  Note
also that because JSF doesn't manage the stack of EL contexts, when an
event is made under context, the only EL-bound attributes that the
component can safely retrieve are those on itself (directly) and on
its children (using invokeOnComponent or tree visiting).

-- Blake Sullivan