myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scripting Extensions, java!!! reloading now working (with limitations)
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:20:55 GMT
Ok... another scripting extension question.

I probably will work the last things out I have to deal with on friday,
or monday next week.
(Some classpath issues are still pending in the java area)

So far we have covered groovy and java but currently under JDK 1.2

What should we do next

a) Either integrate more scripting languages, probably jruby could be a
possible candidate due to being able to handle dynamic compilation,
jython I am not sure for now I have to check out what it can do)

b) Integrate JCI for java dynamic recompilation to handle pre jdk6 jdks

c) Start with the myfaces 2.0 integration

d) Start with the documentation on the wiki

I would prefer c) to get things going for 2.0

But I wanted to ask the community first.

Werner