myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: myfaces classloaders
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:10:22 GMT
Werner Punz schrieb:
> the approach that an artefact should provide its own classloader
> information is not possible in the scope of scripted extensions.
> Secondly there is not the metadata even on the jsf side to allow that,
> unless you scan for special implementation details outside of the spec.
> Heck even on the java side you have to load the class first to get the
> classloader information for the class!
> The only thing possible would be some autoscan for classloaders in the
> classpath which have to be added to the chain!

Actually on a second thought, I like the idea of being able to hotplug
a new loader provided by a library this would reduce configuration. It
still is impossible
to provide it on artefact level though :-(

In either way I would propose following.
First make it the way via configuration that way we can provide
the functionality relatively easy, later add autoscanning
I think this needs further discussion.

I would like to add the changes to the 1.2 trunk codebase though because
this is my current development build for the groovy stuff.
I think they are not very big, so it is not really critical to provide them.
We still can refactor that later on.

That way I can provide a working groovy extension as soon as I am able
to commit my code into the new project out of the box.
(Sorry for the change of mind in this case I just want to have people
testing the stuff asap)