myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces 2.0 javascript compression + Selenium -- again
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 07:13:19 GMT
Ok I enabled the standard javascript plugin as of yesterday.
 From all the possible options and as hackish as the configuration is
it is still in my opinion the best way to go for now.
I am not eager to follow the own plugin route if maven does its own.

For now however this approach has some downsides.
First of all the lint checker integrated throws some warnings
which can be safely ignored, I am not sure yet if they can be turned
off. However they do not affect the scripts and in most cases are
incorrect but still given due to the inherent dynamic nature of javascript.

Second, we currently are nailed to a build number which works
(including the release day),
this will be changed as soon as the plugin hits beta or final stage.
For now we have to live with it to avoid broken builds!

If anyone is unsatisfied with the current solution we still can pickup
the work on our javascript plugin again, although I am more than happy
to avoid this, since it seems redundand to me.

Werner