myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Concini <mconc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem when rerendering with validation errors
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:02:02 GMT
Jan-Kees van Andel wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea, if it is not used anymore.
>
> The only reference I see, is FaceletViewHandler.NullWriter.
> JspViewHandlerImpl is only used in tests. (at least, IDEA tells me so)
>
> I've commented both classes and the test class, since there can still
> be some valuable source code in there. Once properly tested, we can
> easily remove the commented code. I've moved NullWriter to
> FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.
>
> The only issue I see are people who explicitly specify
> JSPViewHandlerImpl in their faces-config.xml files, but I don't think
> many people do that.
>
> /JK

Would it be worthwhile to output a warning for any users who are
explicitly specifying either of the old viewhander classes and deprecate
them instead of deleting them outright?  I know they're internal API but
they're internal API that someone might have been explicitly specifying,
even if that group of people is small.  Could be a good thing to do, and
fairly painless for us to ipmplement,  to help customers migrating from
the 1.2 to 2.0 runtime in their apps.