myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject AW: Shale Annotations
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 05:52:38 GMT
Hmmm … it might be worth looking at using Orchestra without Spring. Guice is not an option
for your clients either, is it?

If you do not use Spring, you also do not use its persistence capabilities ;-) So then, using
a CGLIB based (or whatever enhancer lib) approach which simply enhances the beans in a way
which is required by Orchestra might be enough.

Sure, we can not yet use the faces-config.xml to configure the managed beans for Orchestra.
But probably we can introduce something like a orchestra-config.xml for the scope and managed
bean configuration.

@community: What do you think? Is it worth it?

Ciao,
Mario

Von: Kito Mann [mailto:kito.mann@virtua.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 07. Juli 2009 23:45
An: MyFaces Development
Betreff: Re: Shale Annotations

The problem with using Orchestra is that it requires Spring, which is an extra "framework"
that some organizations don't necessarily need. Although JSF managed beans aren't that great,
sometimes they're a better choice than integrating Spring into the project.
---
Kito D. Mann -- Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://twitter.com/kito99  http://twitter.com/jsfcentral
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
+1 203-404-4848 x3