myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Concini <mconc...@gmail.com>
Subject help with renderer implementation
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:37:39 GMT
I'm currently working on implementing the renderers for UIOutcomeTarget
for the JSF 2.0 spec and need some help in figuring out how the builder
is performing the code generation for other components so I can then
create my own.

So far, I've written the following classes for
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html to handle the
encoding/decoding:
HtmlOutcomeTargetRendererBase - parent class to handle common actions
for both buttons and links (e.g. calling into getBookmarkableURL, etc)
HtmlOutcomeTargetLinkRendererBase - bookmarable link renderer
HtmlOutcomeTargetButtonRendererBase - bookmarkable button renderer

What I need some assistance with is the builder plugin work.  I see
several potential places where I'd need to implement code, but its hard
to tell what is really necessary, what might be generated in addition to
the javax.faces.component.html classes, and what may be remnants of
older versions of myfaces.

There are builder xml files:
src/main/resources/META-INF/maven-faces-plugin/components/javax/faces/html/Html<component>*.xml
src/main/resources/META-INF/maven-faces-plugin/renderers/javax/faces/html/Html<component>.xml

annotated impl files:
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.Html<component>Renderer

and there are also tag related classes:
org.apache.myfaces.taglib.html.Html<component>Tag
org.pache.myfaces.shared_impl.taglib.html.Html<component>ELTagBase

Is there someone who has worked on this before who could help me out
with how to do this?  Is there a step by step documented somewhere?  I
did some searches on the myfaces wiki and was unable to find anything
that was much help. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike