myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Aranda <brunoara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] JDK5 EOL, upgrade to JDK6?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:47:44 GMT
+0 I don't really see why we need to force the use of JDK 6 unless
there are features for that specific JDK that we want to introduce in
trinidad. We still have some servers in our institution using JDK 5
(and with apps using trinidad) and although we are updating everything
we are not there yet.

In any case, I develop already with JDK 6, but I compile the apps with
JDK 5 for those servers.

Even if most users use JDK 6 and it is difficult to get the JDK 5,
what should we drop support for the JDK 5 if we don't use any specific
feature of JDK 6? Or are we planning to use them? The only problem now
is that we have to be aware of using JDK 5 when deploying to the
public repos or doing distributions, right?

Cheers,

Bruno