myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces 2.0 PartialResponseWriter + EVALs
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 15:57:51 GMT
Yes but then I have to fetch the script via xhr...
which means more code on the javascript side of things!

Werner

Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
> isn't it better to do this in IE:
> window.execScript(theActualScriptContent);
>
> and in FF and other this:
> window.eval(theActualScriptContent);
>
> -Matthias

is very basic, so I would propose following enhancement.

>> Since we need separate eval blocks for javascripts, we implement a PartialResponseWriterImpl
which fetches the scripts
>> from components and later allows those scripts to be pushed into the eval part of
the partial response.

>> There is a reason for that.
>>
>> Although we have embedded javascript parsing in our javascripts I would see that
as optional feature for badly behaving component sets.

>> The normal way for a component writer still is:
>> a) startElement("tagName", component)
>> b) writeAttribute...
>>
>> write
>>
>> c) endElement
>>
>> The way Trinidad and others did it was simply to check for scripts at startElement
and push them into a separate eval datastructure later to be processed (in our case after
the update part of the p
>> PartialResponse a separate eval stage has to be added)
>>
>> I would start to work on this issue if it is ok with anyone...
>> The entire functionality should be put into our PartialResponseWriterImpl not into
the API, and will be hooked into