myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MyFaces 2.0] an experiment ?
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 09:37:30 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Werner Punz <werner.punz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually here is the state of our current works on the component set:
>
> I have dojo covered currently in mine which still is undecided what to do
> with it by about 80% on the dijit side. The big points missing in my own one
> is the table and the tree. For the tree I have gathered the knowledge to
> auto ajax it. Trinidad PPR is supported out of the box!
>
> But I am currently on JSF 1.1 api and want to keep it that way until I
> really find time to upgrade it.
> My current biggest problem is lack of time, since I have to work 80% of the
> time in non myfaces related projects and the other 10-20% is reserved for
> myfaces 2.0
>

> Ganesh as far as I know has a pretty well working tag set which coveres dojo
> even more than I do, he has the table and tree already working,
> main difference is he is already on facelet while I tackle the problem on
> the component side.
> We could use the work of Ganesh as a starting point for a more extensive
> component facelets set, but we have to move Ganeshs work in one way or the
> other because it is already hosted outside on sourceforge AFAIR!

I'd like to see that we move in the bits. If he/Ganseh is OK with it...
A simple software grant should be enough, no real incubation would
be needed...

Another reason to take this, is this lib is already developed under an
OS development model! So all the changes are public and not on a
single computer...

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf