myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces 2.0 Ajax - Also question to the JSF2 EG Members!
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:57:04 GMT
Ok Ganesh most of the response cycle now works as expected
I did not manage in time however to fix up the code for the
update for a full body or head replacement to use
beforeNode or afterNode to auto trigger embedded scripts!

You might work that in instead of me.

Another thing wich came to my mind if anyone from the EG is reading this.
There is a weird issue regarding the viewState handling in the spec!

The spec says that an element with the identifier javax.faces.ViewState
has to be added to every form if it does not exist within the update
phase if viewState itself is responded!

The funny thing is, that normally no two elements with the same
identifiers are allowed within the dom tree. The API clearly supports
this by limiting the getter function within the dom by getElementById!

Well the browsers mostly support this, one way or the other but this
causes sideeffects by the browsers if you do direct dom access!

So is this really as it should be or do the viewState elements just have
the name javax.faces.ViewState and have a different id like
formId:javax.faces.ViewState

Does anyone have any idea?

I did not code this part yet because this was rather unclear to me!

Werner