myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: f:ajax and MyFaces extensions
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:35:30 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
>> Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:

>>> mf:ajax ?
>>> By that one could use this "core extension", when using myfaces lib.

>>> -1 this would tie the use really to tomahawk;
>>> Why not doing a mf:ajax which is a taglib that sits inside the myfaces-impl.jar
>> But then any web page that uses this mf:ajax tag would not work when run
>> on a different container (eg mojarra), as that tag would not exist.
>
> correct.
> same would be the case (even worse) if the behavior of f:ajax (silly name btw)
> is different than expected.

Well, I guess it depends on what these pps/queuesize/errorlevel params
do. They looked to me like "optimisation tweaks", ie if they weren't
there then the page would still work.

But if they do fundamentally change the behaviour of the app (ie the app
won't work as expected if they are ignored) then I would agree that your
suggested mf:ajax tag would be better than nested f:attribute tags.

>> Possibly nested attributes could be used?
>>  <f:ajax ...>
>>    <f:attribute name="myfaces:pps" value="true"/>
>>    <f:attribute name="myfaces:queuesize" value="1"/>
>>  </f:ajax>

>> The tomahawk tag sounds better to me. If I understand correctly, a page
>
> isn't that big ? including tons of components, extras etc just because of that ?
>
> Or, an myfaces-extension lib ? (good old times... :-) )

Yes, I guess a myfaces-extension lib would be better (smaller) than
tomahawk. It didn't occur to me because I have never used one (has anyone?).

Regards,
Simon