myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Nordfalk <jacob.nordf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] How to control <tr:chooseDate/>'s starting date?
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:15:51 GMT
Hi Matthias, and sorry for not seeing your answer:

Looking at the code of the renderer (ChooseDateRenderer)'s encodeAll(), I
> see that it looks for the current date, here:
>     long currTimeMillis = 0;
>     Object currTimeValue = bean.getProperty (_currTimeKey);
>     if (currTimeValue != null)
>       currTimeMillis = ((Date) currTimeValue).getTime();
>     else
>       currTimeMillis = System.currentTimeMillis();

Now, excuse me for asking probably stupid questions (I'm just a user of your
component library, and have never looked at how they work inside):

1) Does this mean that if I could somehow set the property _currTimeKey to
the desired value, then I would have a workaround?

2) As I don't have the source code and the field _currTimeKey is not in my
decompiled class stub of class
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.ChooseDateRenderer,
could you please give me the value of that key?

3) I have no idea how to get access to the renders. I have access to the
CoreChooseDate bean frm my code

  private CoreChooseDate bean_fromDate;

  public void setBean_fromDate(CoreChooseDate bean_fromDate) {
    this.bean_fromDate = bean_fromDate;
    if (bean_fromDate==null) return;
    System.err.println(bean_fromDate.getAttributes());
    System.err.println(bean_fromDate.getChildCount());
    System.err.println(bean_fromDate.getChildren());
  }

  public CoreChooseDate getBean_fromDate() {
    return bean_fromDate;
  }

Please tell me how to get access to the renderer of the bean.

Thanks!

Jacob