myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: myfaces 2.0 really java6?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:49:49 GMT
Well I can live with it although I dont see too much reason to target
java6 codewise, since we do not use too many new features of it extensively
(In january it was just one data structure which replaced the old Stack
data structure that was it).

I think we should target java5 still in our core codebase to allow the
integration into jee5 based servlet runners.
Although JEE6 will come out in summer probably, JEE5 will be the defacto
base for the years to come, since the migration from jee4 to jee5
happens as we speak by now!

Also there are still issues for many mac users, although there is a
java6 (which I use myself) it wont become the official JDK for OSX
before Snow Leopard, which also will probably come out in Summer or Autumn!

Just my 2c regarding Java6! There are not too many reasons API wise why
we should target java6 on language level for now to me.

Werner