myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Lessard <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: myfaces 2.0 really java6?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:56:45 GMT
Hi,

Actually the original release was intended to be in sync with JEE 6, so Java
6 was ok and used (I do use Deque). However, it was announced recently that
2.0 will be out before JEE 6 and a maintenance release of JSF (hopefully
2.1) will be bundled with JEE 6. Therefore, I guess your point is valid as
it should be possible to simply add jsf 2.0 jar to your application and use
it if the app server is configured to load applications classes before
shared classes. Consequently, I'll modify the code to support Java 5 classes
as soon as I get some free time. (it's still lower priority than other
tasks)

Regards,

~ Simon