myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Simon Lessard <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:57:44 GMT
p.s. Personally I'd really like to get Exception handling and tree visiting
done at that event. It's not overwhelmingly complex or long to do, but the
former is quite nice to have while the latter is critical for some 2.0
features.

~ Simon

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Simon Lessard <simon.lessard.3@gmail.com>wrote:

> Well I'm currently working on implementing
> https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net/nonav/snapshots/jsf-spec-2.0-20090304/javadocs/index.html
>
> Since that was posted on a public accessible URL and that it was posted on
> JSR-314-OPEN@JCP.ORG then I assume it would be correct for me to push
> those changes in the branch even if it was not posted on
> http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=314 yet... God, I hate legal meddling...
> Can anyone confirm if that would be alright? Otherwise I'll just ping the EG
> on the private list to shed some light on that.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> ~ Simon
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Ali Ok <aliok@aliok.info> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Students will apply between March 23 and April 3, 2009. Working on the
>> project starts later, however we need to state clearly what will be done
>> during the application stage.
>>
>>
>> http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/faqs#timeline
>>
>> Does somebody volunteer for mentoring ? :) I know we need to decide what
>> project can be?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Simon Lessard <simon.lessard.3@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes, regrouping them is definitely good idea. However, may I ask when the
>>> event is going to occur exactly because there are HUGE changes coming on the
>>> 2.0 branch from the latest snapshot.
>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> ~ Simon
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Ali Ok <aliok@aliok.info> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>> I browsed the issue navigator. I can't say I can find a thing to offer
>>>> in Google SoC.
>>>> There are 64 issues unassigned and 42 of them is "Implement tag xx:xxx".
>>>> May be a proposal can be created packing some (or all) of them. What do
>>>> you say?
>>>> What do you think about this?
>>>> How much effort is necessary approximately for implementing these tags?
>>>>
>>>> Or you can give me some ideas.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Ali
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>  On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Ali Ok <aliok@aliok.info> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you all for quick replies.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Isn't mentoring applications over? AFAIK deadline was friday
the 13th
>>>>>>> which sounds like a real deadline.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> Yes, it is. However, I thought applications are done as ASF, not
by
>>>>>> MyFaces project. I don't know exactly.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> is there a specific sub-project you are interested in (besides the
>>>>>>> core)?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I am also interested in Tomahawk, but I prefer core. Of course I
will
>>>>>> participate on some Tomahawk project.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> +1 on the 2.0 parts
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tomorrow, let me browse code repository and task repository tomorrow
>>>>>> and see what can I extract.
>>>>>> Can you help me? Can you give me some ideas.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> You can look the latest code at
>>>>>
>>>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/
>>>>>
>>>>> Myfaces core 2.0
>>>>>
>>>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core/branches/2_0_0/
>>>>>
>>>>> regards
>>>>>
>>>>> Leonardo Uribe
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind Regards,
>>>>>> Ali
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Cagatay Civici <
>>>>>> cagatay.civici@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Isn't mentoring applications over? AFAIK deadline was friday
the 13th
>>>>>>> which sounds like a real deadline.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  On Mar 16, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  +1 on the 2.0 parts
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Sent from my iPod.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Am 16.03.2009 um 20:50 schrieb Ali Ok <aliok@aliok.info>:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  Hi all,
>>>>>>> Does somebody from MyFaces team will be mentoring on Google SOC?
I am
>>>>>>> interested in MyFaces and its subprojects for Google SOC.
>>>>>>> I couldnt find MyFaces in
>>>>>>> <http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009>
>>>>>>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009. Any ideas from
>>>>>>> experienced developers to students?
>>>>>>> This project is very mature to create an idea, it is hard to
less
>>>>>>> experienced. May be some parts of the JSF 2.0 implementation
could be served
>>>>>>> as "project ideas".
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message