myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Adonis Raduca <adonis.rad...@codebeat.ro>
Subject Trinidad skin and demo rewrite
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:16:23 GMT
Hi,

Almost an year ago a discussion take place regarding the Trinidad skin and
components demo rewriting.
There is also an issue opened on wiki regarding this subject.
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_MyFaces_Skin_and_Demo_rewrite

Now I have some time and I want to start to work on this subject ;)

Because I'm an organized guy I think is better to have a little action plan.
So I've made this action plan that looks like this:
- components overview (a little investigation on the already existing
components)
- components reclassification (we can improve the already existing
classification of the components)
- Trinidad shining mechanism study (very useful to understand what is
possible what is not)
- components skin design (all stuff regarding the components look and feel)
- skin implementation
- demo site design (components demo application look and feel)
- demo site implementation (if is needed)

For the beginning I've started with the component overview.
So I made a table with all components and several related information like:
- component category
- a field that indicate if the component manifests in the visible way (is a
button, a panel ...) or is a invisible one (like the iterator)
- have interactive samples (demos)
- is documented.
- have skinning capabilities.
- have skinning keys documentation.
- a short description of the component

All these information was taken from Trinidad component demo page:
http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/componentDemos.jspx

Please look in the atached *.xls file.

So, what do you think about this component overview table and about the
approach in general ?
If anyone find a wrong piece the information and/or posses information that
is not present in this table, can notify me and I will made the required
change.

Have a nice day !
Adonis