myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MyFaces 2.0 development going forward
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:40:51 GMT

> Not sure what you mean by "combing a committer".  As far as the TCK is

whoops. Typo... becoming :-)

> concerned though, we will have immediate access to the TCK at IBM once Sun
> releases it.  We'd be happy to run any alpha, beta and eventually final
> releases of MyFaces 2.0 through the tck and work on fixing those bugs.

IMO that's fine, but you can't share the results if I remember correctly

>> > I agree, but JIRA only allows to assign ticket to commiters and I don't
>> > have
>> > anything better than adding a comment to the ticket for now. If you have
>> > better idea it would be welcome.
>>
>> Perhaps we could use the wiki ? Like creating an umbrella MyFaces 2.0
>> items wiki
>> page, which "links" the all the subtasks / issues .
>>
> Using the wiki may not be a bad idea.  If we were to do that though, one
> thing that would be of great help to my team at least would be to have the
> work items mapped back to the changes in the spec where possible.  Even
> something as simple as an which section/subsection the change comes from.
> I'd be happy to help out with that work, but I would guess Simon or someone
> from his team could do it more efficiently since they did the initial
> breakdown of the work into the JIRA issues.

I think so too. We can add that info to the wiki. something like:

ISSUE NAME        MYFACES JIRA    SPEC ISSUE
implement blah        MYFACES-1234    SPEC-789   (all are linked to
the real resources)

-M

>> Michael, the right channel to communicate on the development of Apache
>> MyFaces
>> is this mailing list. If you/your team has questions, the best is to
>> use something
>> like [myfaces 2.0] in the beginning of the subject, so a mail can be
>> filtered easily.
>> We usually use other resources, like JIRA or the MyFaces wiki ([2]) to
>> "organize"
>> the work. You can create an account on those services and contribute some
>> work
>> there as well.
>>
>> If you have more questions, please ask them here, as the community is more
>> than
>> willing to answer them.
>>
>> -Matthias
>>
>> [1] http://www.apache.org/jcp/sunopenletter.html