myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ExtVal] jsr 303 integration
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:44:22 GMT
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Gerhard Petracek
<gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> this week i started with the integration of jsr 303.
>
> the good news: the base mechanism is already working (without changing
> existing api's)
> the very good news: it's working with the existing jsf versions (as you can
> see in the jsr 303 public draft it normally requires some adjustments)
>
> instead of an own impl. of the spec. i suggest an adapter for existing
> implementations which just uses the bean-validation api. -> if a project

+1 on an adapter, since the RI (as far as I know) is licensed to ASL 2.0
(kudos to JBoss/the EG for that)

I am not sure if the Jakarta folks (they have some simple validations) plan
to write one, if so we should (IMO) focus on that one...

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf