myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Roethenbacher <froethenbac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] Portlet API and Portlet Bridge API Dependencies
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 01:30:37 GMT
Scott O'Bryan wrote:
> Hey Felix, thanks for chiming in.
>
> Quite possibly that would be a good suggestion.  I'm not sure I even
> know the lifecycle of an "optional" dependency.  If it's avaialble
> during compile time then absolutely, but my assumption was that
> "optional" dependencies were based on whether the library was avaialble
> or not.  It always needs to be available during compile time.

To my understanding a dependency marked as optional might or might not
be available at runtime. It's always available at compile time.
A dependency with scope 'provided' (the current scope of the
portlet-bridge and portlet dependencies) though will always be available
at runtime provided by runtime environment.

> BTW- Can you test the patch I submitted for TRINIDAD-1376 to make sure
> it solves all of the related issues in your portlet environment?  I
> think I fixed the issues you were having but I wanted to be sure before
> committing.

Tested with Pluto and Websphere Portal. Please see my notes in JIRA.

Thanks for your efforts.

- Felix